Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
The role is based in Prague: Praha 8-Invalidovna, corporate office.
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
The Specialist/Analyst works across the EU in a cross-functional environment with Carriers, Transportation Execution, Planning and Scheduling organizations to improve Transportation performance and KPIs. S/he acts as a vendor manager towards our Carriers, maintains and reports up to date and accurate statistics, management reports and analysis. S/he is an expert in the transportation function, is able to independently define processes considering long term sustainability and repeatability. S/he handles escalations and takes ownership of projects/tasks beyond core responsibilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Engage with performance and analytics teams to develop and understand performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
· Investigates root cause of performance failures along with transportation partners to trouble shoot and create processes/actions to sustainably eliminate them.
· Determines corrective action for risks and obstacles with assistance from senior program managers.
· Understanding of analytical simulations and assessments. Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make quick and informed decisions based on available data.
· Ability to pull and perform ad hoc reporting and analysis (using Excel, Access and SQL) – this ability will be developed over time for a candidate who is fundamentally strong analytically.
· Writes effective standard operation procedures based on business requirements.
· Participates in recruiting efforts.
· Plays an active role in training our external partners on Amazon standards and technologies as well as training internal teams on relevant topics.
· Operates with autonomy, able to achieve the results independently yet able to align with peers and partner teams.
· Responsibilities are non-routine in nature and vary from day to day.
· Will regularly identify, discuss and bring forward issues or ideas to more senior team members.
· Will serve as escalation point in the network for our third party carriers.
· Owns, tracks, or escalates issues to ensure that they are addressed, documented
· University Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent ideally with Logistics/Supply Chain/ Mathematics/Science/Engineering subjects
· Min. 1-2 years’ work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce
· Good with MS Excel
· Ability to prepare, report and interpret large sets of data
· Advanced level in English (spoken, written)
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to create a narrative outlining weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present the findings to senior leadership
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
· Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
· Masters (MS) in Engineering or Supply Chain Management
· Knowledge of SQL and Data Visualization tools
· Significant work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce
· People Management experience
· Communication skills in other languages: German, Polish or Czech
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.