Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
EU ROC Overview
European ROC (Relay Operations Center) is the central control center for Transportation Execution across the Amazon's European Transportation network, supporting both domestic and inter-country transportation movements for European geographies. The team is responsible for planning and scheduling the trucks/vehicles to be placed at each of our fulfillment centers across Europe, based on various factors such as forecast, historical trends, vehicles capacity and carrier capabilities. ROC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon's European transportation network and thereby has direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve customers on time.
The COM Operations Manager I works across the EU in a cross-functional environment with Carriers, ROC, Planning and Scheduling organizations to determine future demand for transportation resources, and translates the aforementioned into accurate capacity plans and performance execution. S/he also maintains and reports up to date and accurate statistics, management reports and analysis. S/he also facilitates the flow of information between different stakeholders (Trans Carriers/Hubs/Warehouses) and resolves any potential issues that impact customer experience and business continuity.
S/he is an expert in the transportation function (inbound and outbound), is able to independently define processes considering long term sustainability and repeatability. S/he handles escalations and takes ownership of projects/tasks beyond core responsibilities. S/he works as a frontline operations leader, providing support and guidance to peers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Understanding of analytical simulations and assessments. Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make quick and informed decisions based on available data.
· Ability to pull and perform ad hoc reporting and analysis (using Excel, Access and SQL) as needed is a plus – this ability will be developed over time for a candidate who is fundamentally strong analytically.
· Engage with performance and analytics teams to develop and understand performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
· Investigates root cause of performance failures along with transportation partners to trouble shoot and create processes/actions to sustainably eliminate them.
· Writes effective standard operation procedures based on business requirements.
· Determines corrective action for risks and obstacles with assistance from senior program managers.
· Participates in recruiting efforts.
· Plays an active role in training our carriers on new tools and processes as well as training the wider transportation team on relevant topics.
· Operates with autonomy, some oversight and direction is required.
· Responsibilities are non-routine in nature and vary from day to day.
· Manager sets overall objectives and resource availability; completed work is reviewed for compatibility with other work and/or effectiveness in meeting expected results.
· Managers are available for consultation and training, but encourage employee to operate autonomously.
· Will regularly identify, discuss and bring forward issues or ideas to more senior team members.
· Will serve as escalation point in the network for our third party carriers.
· Owns, tracks, or escalates issues to ensure that they are addressed, documented
· Communicate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Finance, Software Support, Fulfilment Centers).
· Provide real-time customer experience during day shift working hours.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent with excellent academic record, with Logistics/Supply Chain/ Mathematics/Science/Engineering subjects
· Proficiency in Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps)
· Fluent in English and one of the following languages: Spanish, French, Italian, German, Polish
· +2 years’ work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce.
· Ability to prepare, report and interpret large sets of data
· Experience working with transportation carriers from planning, scheduling to other daily operational execution.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to create a narrative outlining weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present the findings to senior leadership
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
· Significant work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce is a plus
· Masters (MS) in Engineering or Supply Chain Management
· Experience with transportation concepts such as forecasting, planning, logistics, delivery performance, continuous improvement and operations excellence
· People Management experience