Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
This role requires an ambitious individual. You’ll represent a critical function within our wider EU Operations, as we work to continuously improve the service levels, capacities and costs of the EU Transportation Line Haul. This will help us ensure promises to our valued customers are being fulfilled each and every time.
Furthermore, to be as successful as possible, you’ll need a passion for making data-driven decisions – the kind that will have direct impact upon customer experience. This is your chance to make history with us.
· Tracking existing metrics to detect & remove any defects,
· Transportation carrier performance management, such as on-time truck performance,
· Continuous Improvement Management with carriers, as well as development of SOPs,
· Analysing existing trucking capacity versus forecasted capacity requirements, particularly with the view of supporting seasonal peak times of year,
· Supporting market research, including the Requests for Information and Requests for Quotation processes, while sourcing new carriers and expanding capacity where possible,
· Assisting with project support, ensuring Amazon’s requirements, guidelines and policies are communicated and executed by Transportation carriers,
· Supporting truck forecast improvement initiatives, while ensuring all relevant information is shared with carriers and Fulfillment Centers on a regular basis,
· Preparing for and participating in regular Operations calls, business reviews, QBRs, Customer Service workshops, as you strive to support process and workflow improvement plans,
· Maintain and improve communication between warehouse personnel and external carrier, stepping in to mediate wherever necessary,
· Experience in Transportation or Supply Chain experience, preferably in a similar role, within a high-volume logistics, manufacturing or engineering environment,
· You hold a degree in Business, Economics, Logistics, Mathematics, or in a related field,
· You possess solid analytical skills and capabilities,
· MBA preferred,
· Fluency in German, French, or other prominent EU languages,
· SQL experience.