Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
The European ROC (Relay Operations Center) supports both domestic and inter-country transportation movements for European geographies. The team is responsible for daily planning with the contracted carriers and resolving any potential issues that impact customer. ROC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon's European transportation network and thereby has direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve customers on time.
A Trans Ops Specialist facilitates flow of information between different stakeholders (Trans Carriers/Hubs/Warehouses) and resolves any potential issues that impact customer experience and delivery performance. A Trans Ops Specialist provides timely resolution to the issue in hand by researching and querying internal tools, by taking real-time decisions and having an effective communication with the stakeholders (over phone or email). An ideal candidate should be able to understand the issue and be able to drive customer experience without compromising on time. The candidate should have the basic understanding of logistics and should be able to communicate clearly in verbal and written form.
· Communicate on a day-to-day basis with internal and external stakeholders in order to understand and fix their concrete problems.
· Understand the issue and make best use of the available resources to resolve it.
· Able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information to the relevant owners and teams according to processes and standard.
· Ensure to surpass all performance and quality goals.
· Understand performance metrics to create analysis allowing to drive business results.
· Providing real-time customer experience by working in 24/7 operating environment.
· Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
· Can-do attitude and problem solving mindset.
· Fluent in English; German language skills are a plus.
· Should be comfortable with multi-tasking in a high-energy environment.
The candidate should be flexible to adapt to a 24/7 operating environment and be ready to work in morning and afternoon shifts.
· Intermediate Excel (formulas, vlookup, pivot tables)
· Degree in logistic/transportation or any numerical oriented topic
· Former experience in logistics/transportation industry or customer oriented role
· Ability to pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems)
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.