Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
The European ROC (Relay Operations Center) team, as part of Amazon Transportation Services, supports both domestic and inter-country transportation movements for European geographies. The team is responsible for daily planning with the contracted carriers and ensuring that trucks/vehicles arriving on time to schedule at our fulfillment centers across Europe. The ROC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon's European transportation network and thereby has direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve customers on time.
Process Specialist works across the EU in a cross-functional environment with the European Planning Team, Fulfillment Centers and Carriers to ensure the day-to-day operations are being organized. She/he is responsible for the daily and weekly tendering of loads to the carriers, following up with the carriers and solving day-to-day issues such as cancellations, ad-hoc movements, delays etc. The Process Specialist is also responsible for the tracking of the vehicles and making sure all the relevant parties are updated with the latest information. Besides that, she/he will make sure that the carriers are following up on the necessary process steps and create reports for the carrier managers.
An ideal candidate should be able to understand work in a fast paced environment where change is the only stable element. The candidate should have the basic understanding of Logistics and should be able to communicate clearly in written and oral form.
· Proactively monitor and track activity to identify, address, and prevent potential issues.
· Escalate problems you are unable to solve on your own while ensuring service requirements are met.
· Operating the Transportation Management System (TMS) for communication with the carriers and the internal parties.
· Manage the ad-hoc additional loads, cancellation and other unexpected situations so that our European transport network is able to stick to its commitment of on-time delivery against lowest possible costs.
· Reporting and analysis through tools, portals and reports; using intermediate computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
· Develop and understand performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
· Following up with the carriers to ensure they are working according the set expectations and agreements. This includes tracking of loads and reacting to issues/warnings that the systems are generating.
· Systematically escalate problems to the relevant carrier managers teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure that they are delivered.
· Provide real-time customer experience by working in 24*7 operating environment.
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
· Basic proficiency in Excel.
· Fluent in English and German.
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written, as one may be required to create a narrative outlining weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present these finding in a review forum.
· Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills.
The candidate should be flexible to work during early and late shift.
This position requires to work on weekends.
· Work experience in Operations/Supply Chain/Logistics/Transportation environment/E-commerce is a plus
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.