Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world’s brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We’re making history and the good news is we’ve only just begun.
Amazon, one of the top 100 companies in the United States, has an immediate opening for a IT Support Engineer I (Senior Technician) in our IT team. Fulfillment Centers handle millions of items from tens of thousands of vendors and ships them across the globe each day. The successful IT Support Engineer I will be responsible for utilizing his/her skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems within the Fulfillment Centers that cover a multitude of technical disciplines. This position is the second level of support for the operations of the Fulfillment Centers and serves as a resource to Technical Support Technicians while also acting as a representative of the IT to internal customers. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making Worldwide History.
The IT Support Engineer I must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally, they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required. Proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible. They must possess superior people skills dealing with all levels of a team environment up to and including presentations and explanation of projects to upper level management. Regular activities include network engineering and troubleshooting, project management, mentorship of Technical Support Technicians, data cabling, systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments, telecom/PBX administration, root cause analysis in problem solving, and assistance in managing the daily activities of the department. A willingness to relocate as career advancement opportunities throughout the company become available is strongly desired.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Expertise in one or more specialized areas of IT such as Microsoft Administration, Linux Administration, or Cisco IOS (CLI)
· Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high pressure environment
· Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
· Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
· Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
· Experience communicating verbally and in writing with peers, management, contractors and vendors
· Ability to stand/walk for 10-12 hours per day
· Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field.
· Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
· Understanding of Carrier Data Networks operations and troubleshooting
· Experience in working with or directly for Internet Service Providers (ISP)
· Cisco CCNA certification
· Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
· Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
· Ability to manage high priority projects
· Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
· Ability to travel up to 10%
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.