Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
Fulfillment Centers handle millions of items from tens of thousands of vendors and ships them across the globe each day. The successful IT Support Engineer I will be responsible for utilizing his/her skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems within the Fulfillment Centers that cover a multitude of technical disciplines. This position is the second level of support for the operations of the Fulfillment Centers and serves as a resource to Technical Support Technicians while also acting as a representative of the IT to internal customers. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making Worldwide History.
The IT Support Engineer I must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Expertise in one or more specialized areas of IT such as Microsoft Administration, Linux Administration, or Cisco IOS (CLI)
· Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high pressure environment
· Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
· Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
· Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
· Experience communicating verbally and in writing with peers, management, contractors and vendors
· Ability to stand/walk for 10-12 hours per day
· Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field.
· Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
· Understanding of Carrier Data Networks operations and troubleshooting
· Experience in working with or directly for Internet Service Providers (ISP)
· Cisco CCNA certification
· Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
· Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
· Ability to manage high priority projects
· Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
· Ability to travel up to 10%
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet