Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
Location - Prague
Compensation - Competitive
Do you want to learn how the most complex transportation network is managed on a daily basis?
Will you be interested in developing your analytical skills in one of Amazon’s most data driven departments?
Do you want to fully understand our operation, being responsible for solving our transportation issues and dealing with the best carriers worldwide?
European operations center is control center for Transportation Execution across the Amazon's European Transportation network, supporting both domestic and inter-country transportation movements for European geographies. The team is responsible for planning and scheduling the trucks/vehicles to be placed at each of our fulfillment centers across Europe, based on various factors such as forecast, historical trends, vehicles capacity and carrier capabilities.
If you have an interest in analytics, problem solving and you are customer obsessed you have picked the right team
As Administrative Support you will work across the EU in a cross-functional environment with the Supply Chain, FCs and the Retail organizations facilitating the flow of information between different stakeholders (Trans Carriers/Hubs/Warehouses) and resolving any potential issues that impact business continuity. You will also maintain and report up to date and accurate statistics, management reports and analysis. As a Transportation Operations Specialist, you will also provide timely resolution to the issue in hand by researching and querying internal tools and by taking real-time decisions.
- Communicate on day to day with internal stakeholders in order to understand and fix their concrete problems.
- Understand the issue and make best use of the available resources to resolve it.
- Able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information to the relevant owners and teams according to processes and standard.
- Ensure to surpass all performance and quality goals
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written as one will be required to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand performance metrics to create analysis allowing to drive business results.
- Providing real-time support to a complex transportation network by working in 24*7 operating environment.
- Excellent communication skills – Verbal and Written
- Professional fluency in English and German or Polish
- Good analytical and data gathering skills.
- To do attitude and problem solving state of mind
- Should be comfortable with a multi-tasking in a high-energy environment.
- Should be flexible to adapt to support a 24*7 operating environment and ready to work in shifts
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel (formulas, vlookup, pivot tables).
- Degree in Logistic/transportation or any numerical oriented topic
- Former experience in logistics/transportation industry or customer oriented role
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience using databases (Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.