Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is looking for Network Engineers that can use their technical expertise to develop tools and automate IT processes to improve the support our IT Remote Support Services (ITRSS) team provides.
ITRSS is the initial point of contact for all technical issues in Amazon Fulfillment Centers and Amazon Logistics sites. ITRSS is responsible for providing Tier 1 to Tier 3 support, including server and network infrastructure, end-user support, robotics, imaging, and other specialized technical services. The support provided by this team will have global reach and support tens of thousands of Amazon employees. This team will serve as an escalation point for complex issue, and will optimize services through the development of automation and remote support technologies. Our Information Technology Remote Support Services (ITRSS) team and a Network Operations Center has an immediate openings at our contact center located in Bangalore India. If you’re interested in a challenging positions with a great company the Network Engineer II position might be for you.
As a Network Engineer III, you will be a member of a team responsible for developing tools to enable our IT Support Engineers to resolve issues more efficiently. Additionally, you will focus on the automation of repeatable tasks, with the ultimate goal of developing self-healing customer facing, self-help tools. You will use metrics based data to define project scope and help determine priorities. The solutions developed by you and your team will help ITRSS scale the support provided to keep pace with Amazon’s explosive growth. Technicians and engineers worldwide will look to you for mentorship, guidance and solutions to complex problems. Your peers will be systems, network and software engineers working to make the technology that supports our Fulfillment Centers more capable, scalable and efficient. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote sites around the world will make you successful in this role as will patience and a sense of humor. Members of this team participate in a moderate Tier 3/escalation on call support rotation. You will occasionally travel to Fulfillment Centers in the US, Asia and Western Europe. We are looking for the best of the best, so please expect a rigorous technical interview process.
· Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
· In-depth knowledge of OSPF and BGP with experience administering these protocols in large, distributed network.
· In-depth knowledge of and experience with Cisco 28xx, 37xx, 38xx, 65xx, 73xx and 76xx series platforms.
· Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
· Experience deploying and maintaining wide area networks with emphasis on IPSec, VPN and MPLS transport and commonly used access technologies such as DS1/T1, E1, DS3, OC3, OC12 and Metro Ethernet.
· Deep understanding of TCP internals, especially across wide area networks.
· 5 or more years experience in a similar environment.
· Excellent communication and documentation skills.
· Candidates should also have had significant past experience with and expertise in many of the following protocols and technologies: 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, HSRP/GLBP, PIMv2, IGMP, LDP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, Netflow, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Multicast.
· A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
· Experience with enterprise 802.11 wireless networking is strongly desired as is experience with 3G/4G/WiMax.
· Experience designing wide area networks and datacenter installations utilizing L2 and L3 protocols is highly desired.
· Strong Unix skills and the ability to script in Perl, Python or shell is desirable.
· CCIE Lab and Written is a plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.