Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is looking for Systems Development Engineers that can use their technical expertise to develop tools and automate IT processes to improve the support our IT Remote Support Services (ITRSS) team provides.
ITRSS is the initial point of contact for all technical issues in Amazon Fulfillment Centers and Amazon Logistics sites. ITRSS is responsible for providing Tier 1 to Tier 3 support, including server and network infrastructure, end-user support, robotics, imaging, and other specialized technical services. The support provided by this team will have global reach and support tens of thousands of Amazon employees. This team will serve as an escalation point for complex issue, and will optimize services through the development of automation and remote support technologies. Our Information Technology Remote Support Services (ITRSS) team and a Network Operations Center has an immediate openings at our contact center located in Prage, Czech Republic. If you’re interested in a challenging positions with a great company the Systems Development Engineer position might be for you.
As a Systems Development Engineer, you will be a member of a team responsible for developing tools to enable our IT Support Engineers to resolve issues more efficiently. Additionally, you will focus on the automation of repeatable tasks, with the ultimate goal of developing self-healing customer facing, self-help tools. You will use metrics based data to define project scope and help determine priorities. The solutions developed by you and your team will help ITRSS scale the support provided to keep pace with Amazon’s explosive growth.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 1 year Amazon work experience.
· 2 years plus of distributed system management experience.
· 1 year plus of Development of systems management and administration automation in Perl, Python, Ruby or Java.
· Masters in CS or related degree (Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
· A solid grasp of networking fundamentals
· Systems Administration or Development in Linux/Unix environment.
· 3+ years of industry experience focused on Linux including both software development and system administration.
· A solid understanding of the Linux boot process and problem diagnosis.
· Experience maintaining open source packages and/or working with the open source community.
· Experience packaging software with RPM or deb.
· Experience maintaining large scale Linux implementations.
· Proficient with Python, capable with Perl, and familiar with C, C++, and Java.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider