Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
That’s our slogan, and we stand by it. Given our commitment to Human Resources excellence, we’re confident that every one of our team members can also get behind it.
And year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members fulfilled, motivated and empowered.
We need more brilliant, human-centred thinkers like you to help us strategise, implement and maintain our next set of Human Resources initiatives. That’s why we’re hiring a talented Senior HR Business Partner to support our Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) teams in Prague – part of our wider Operations for the region. With time, this will prove beneficial to your profile. Amazon’s Operations lies at the heart of the Amazon customer experience: each and every action we take is driven by meeting customer expectations – also one of the company’s core values.
The Senior HR Business Partner vacancy is a crucial full-time role, in spearheading further development of our ATS Line haul network. You’ll be the driving force behind all associated HR programmes and initiatives, as part of maximising employee engagement and retention.
How You’ll Shine
First and foremost, you’ll be responsible for delivering the holistic, world-class HR service that these growing teams deserve in line with HR tenets. One of the most important, value-added aspects of your role will be acting as a consultant, or, as a bridge between Management and frontline team members. So your mission, should you choose to accept it: implement all-important initiatives to drive and maintain an overall culture of excellent employee relations and healthy communications.
With your overall mission in mind:
· You’ll bring your world-class evaluative, problem-solving skills to the table, including:
· Proactive gathering of data from appropriate sources
· In-depth root cause analysis
· Consistent reference to long-term plans and goals
· Followed up by decisive and confident action
· You’re not deterred by administrative tasks to support the business in addition to strategic expectations
· Employee Relations expertise
· You’ll develop and maintain a healthy relationship with works councils
· You’ll coach and mentor leaders from across the ATS teams
· You’ll maintain an emphasis on continuous improvement and best practices, to be shared with other operational teams, as well as with Amazon’s Finance and Payroll departments
· You’ll develop innovative, user-friendly shift models alongside creative, flexible working time models
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or a related field
· 5+ years HR experience within an international, fast-paced and customer driven environment or equivalent
· Previous experience in collaborating with a works council
· Strong ability to prioritise and to meet your deadlines,
· In-depth knowledge of Czech Republic labour laws
· Fluent command of English – both verbal and written
· Demonstrable ability to positively persuade and influence: you’re a skilled negotiator
· Proven affinity for working in large scale workforce management: able to provide meaningful, educational counselling to ATS managers
· You bring the ability to step back and look at long term vision, for departmental growth
· Successful track record of delivering large scale, impactful projects to benefit HR and the business
· You’re generous with your intellectual curiosity: you bring insight to the team from outside the company and further afield
· You’re also resourceful, and comfortable with occasional ambiguity regarding projects and tasks
· Ability to work across multiple countries across EU and Internationally
· Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous.
All the while, you’ll keep your eyes on the prize: building up these growing ATS teams and cementing Amazon’s wider Operations as a great place to work. In the process you’ll show deep understanding of the unique challenges faced by customer-facing, highly interactive teams like these, and support their interests accordingly.
If you’re interested in joining a fast-growing and innovative company, and you meet the above requirements, don’t hesitate to apply today!
· CIPD qualified or equivalent
· Good understanding of MS Office tools (Outlook, Excel) and HR information systems (e.g. PeopleSoft) would be advantageous.
· Project management experience