Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
EU C2 (Command & Control Centre) is the central control tower for Amazon Transportation Services, supporting both domestic and inter-country FTL transportation movements for UK and European geographies. The team is responsible for daily planning with the contracted carriers and ensuring that trucks/vehicles arriving on time to schedule at our fulfilment centres across Europe. The C2 plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon's European transportation network and thereby has direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve customers on time.
In this role, you will work in an EU wide cross-functional environment. Your key stakeholders will include the European Planning Team, FCs and the Carriers, who you will work with to ensure the day-to-day operations, are executed to plan.
An ideal candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment where change is the only stable element. You will be in constant contact with carriers to monitor and track the live status of the EU transportation network.
· Proactively Monitor and track Line haul activity to identify, address, and prevent potential issues
Escalate problems you are unable to solve on your own while ensuring service requirements are met
· Operating the Transportation Management System (TMS) for communication with the carriers and the internal parties.
· Manage the ad-hoc additional loads, cancellation and other unexpected situations so that the European Transport Network is able to stick to it's commitment of on-time delivery against lowest possible costs
· Reporting and analysis through tools, portals and reports; using intermediate computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, TMS).
· Develop and understand performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
· Following up with the carriers to ensure they are working according the set expectations and agreements. This includes tracking of loads and reacting to issues/warnings that the systems are generating.
· Systematically escalate problems to the relevant carrier managers teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure that they are delivered.
· Provide real-time customer experience by working in 24*7 operating environment.
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment
· Basic proficiency in Excel
· Fluent in English and one other European Language (Czech, Polish, French are preferred)
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written
· Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills.
· Willingness to work in a shift environment, which could include nights and weekends
· Work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce is a plus
· Experience in transportation environment, preferable a carrier/forwarder operation.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.